Tuesday 17 December 2013

What time is it? Christmas O'Clock!


A couple of years ago, I sat down to write some of the sequel to Sin.  As usual I had no idea what I was going to write, but I knew Sin would be 'strutting his stuff'.

 

1,000 words later, I discovered I'd written the beginning of a story which came to be titled 'Rudolph Saves Christmas'!  In the story, Rudolph (you’ll never guess) had to save Christmas!  No, really.

 

Anywho.  I have no idea how venturing into the world of an escaped lunatic who kills people with his mind could morph into a children’s Christmas story, but that’s pretty much how I work.  I just write.  I’ve just read an excellent blog post by Connie J. Jasperson, the author of the equally excellent Tower of Bones series on how she’s forcing herself to work to an outline to ensure things happen in her books the way she wants or needs them to.  I wish, sometimes, I could do that.

 

It appears I can’t.  Hence Santa from Sin.

 

I’m a member of the Myrddin Publishing Group and, under their banner, published my anthology Dark Places.  A number of the talented authors from the group, including Connie, have lent those talents to a very seasonal collection, with all of the proceeds going to charity.

 

The collection is called Christmas O’Clock and contains two books and six stories with subjects ranging from Magic Coal, a girl who has to face the North Pole courts to clear her name from the Naughty List and playing Scrooge in a school play.


The charity we’ve chosen is Water for Life, an international project aiming at helping people develop safe and sustainable water sources for their communities.  The charity’s website is www.waterforlife.org.

 

I join forces with such authors as Alison DeLucaNicole Antonia CarsonConnie Jasperson, Irene Roth Luvaul and Mary K. Mitchell in the collection, each of whom have successful books in steampunk, fantasy and more.

 

You can find Christmas O’Clock at the following places:

 

Amazon US:

Ebook: http://amzn.to/CoCusE

Print: http://amzn.to/CoCprint

 

Amazon UK:

Ebook: http://amzn.to/CoCukE

Print: http://amzn.to/CoCprintUK

 

Anyone who buys a copy of the book is welcome to a free copy of either Zits’n’Bits or Rudolph Saves Christmas, my own children’s books.  Just contact me through either my website or my Facebook page and leave me a message and I’ll be in touch!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Shaun - I love Rudolph Saves Christmas - I love all your work my dear! I feel so proud to have my stories included with yours in this fine volume of work.Every story in it is fun!

    ReplyDelete